Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Kickoff

If you are at all like me, then you have spent a considerable amount of time wondering how to use the gift of athletic ability to serve the Lord. It seems like some people are lucky enough to be blessed with the gift of musical talent, preaching ability, or relational skills. God has molded me in such a way that I am not particularly gifted in many of those areas; but I can run fast, jump high, and I have good hand-eye coordination. How in the world am I supposed to use those gifts in order to serve God? That is question that I will be attempting to answer with every post. Feel free to join in on the discussion and share how God has used your athletic abilities in order to shine Christ's light through you. Even if you don't consider yourself to be athletically gifted, please feel free to chime in. Participation in sports is not just for those who are good at them, it is also for those who simply enjoy playing the game or getting a good workout. Regardless, I believe that there are many people out there who both love Christ and love sports. This is your space just as much as it is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment